Sometimes I’ll think of the oddest topics. Tonight is no different….
What would things be like if I were in charge. If anything I said, became the gospel.
It ain’t pretty, but here’s a few things I came up with….
- There would be no such thing as a “career politician”. As the Founding Father’s intended, they would serve two terms….then they’d be done. Back to the private sector. They would also not receive salaries/benefits after their term was over.
- Reality Shows….abolished! Especially the ones where they encourage people to act like (serious) idiots, so they could get higher ratings.
- Facebook would be de-commissioned and everyone would be forced to use Google Plus or, at the very least, Twitter.
- There would be a twenty-five year (at least) moratorium on movie ‘remakes/re-imaginings’.
- If it was proven that you committed premeditated murder of another human being you would be set free……with the knowledge that you would be murdered, at some point, in the future by a trained assassin.
- The idea of a ‘hate’ crime would be done away with. It should be a given that you would perpetrate a crime against someone you don’t like.
- If war is declared it means WAR. You swoop in like Klingons and take care of business.
- Law firms would not be allowed to advertise via television or billboard.
- Colorizing any black and white films would be against the law.
- N.A.S.A would be revived and given a humongous budget. They’re our greatest hope for time travel.
- William Shatner and Wil Wheaton would be sent back to Canada. Permanently. I know Wheaton isn’t from Canada, but I don’t care.
Obviously, these examples are pretty much tongue in cheek but, still, it’s probably a good thing that I”m not in charge.
Anyway, what would some of your mandates be if you were in charge?