1. a jumbled mixture
2. a thick soup or stew made from meat and vegetables
There’s bad news and good news about this entry.
The bad news is that I really couldn’t come up with a coherent topic for this post, so you’re just going to get a mishmash of whatever.
The good new is….this blog post has absolutely nothing to do with soup or stew or meat or vegetables.
With that out of the way, I present to you…..the Hodgepodge!
Back to the Future: So, we were watching this last night and few observations popped into my mind.
- The terrorists who ‘killed’ Doc Brown were Libyans….a few years before most of us had even heard of Libya.
- Marty meets Doc at “Twin Pine Mall”. After he goes back in time and is trying to escape old man Peabody’s shotgun blasts, he runs over a tree by the mailbox. When Marty goes back to 1985, the name of the mall has changed to “Lone Pine Mall”.
- While trying to coax George to ask Lorraine to the dance, Marty dresses up like ‘Darth Vader’ from the planet ‘Vulcan’ to use George’s love of science fiction as the convincer. Now….George McFly was so traumatized that he never remembered those names later on after Star Trek and Star Wars came out?
- At the end of the movie when Marty gets up and the whole family is now well-groomed and, apparently, successful….yet the kids still live at home? They must not be doing that well…
The Prisoner: After enjoying this quirky show for years, I finally went ahead and took the plunge…buying the series with some Amazon gift credits. I’ve been re-watching the disks in hopes that I can wipe the memory of the AMC version entirely out of my mind. If you’ve never watched this show just a few warnings….it’s British….was made in the 60s….and, I think, most of the cast and crew were using mind altering drugs during production. All that aside though, it’s still a darn good sci-fi show.
Commercial: The guy in the Dos Equis commercial….you know the guy…”Stay thirsty my friends”….who’s he supposed to be? Who’s the actor playing him?
The Subaru Forester commercial,where the mom is carting around the three kids playing hockey…what’s the song used? It’s one of those songs that get stuck in your head. I guess that’s the definition of good advertising….
Speaking of music used in commercials has Magnum P.I. been off the air long enough for people to totally forget the theme song? I think Maybelline thinks so seeing as they’ve been using it to hawk their eyelash stuff. Sheesh…
For the Republicans out there….who’s looking good for the Primaries? Sometimes, I think the guy the press likes the most is the one I’m supposed to like the least. At least that’s how I’m feeling about Romney. I’d like some real hope and change this time, thank you very much.
Writing: After letting my NaNoWriMo (The T.E.M.P Agency) novel stew for a few weeks, I’m going to be going back at it full force. It needs an ending before anything else and I’m debating whether I should leave it open-ended or give it a definitive ending.
I guess that’s enough ramblings for now so, before I go, let me give you a recipe for some nice beef stew……oh wait….